Friday, August 3, 2007

Exercised the Demons!!!

He answered, "There is no way to get rid of this kind of demon except by prayer."Mark 9:28-30 – The Message

Metisha met with the oncologist this morning and the results of the photo shoot are extremely positive! The PET scan showed no traces of cancer! CANCER FREE!!! It feels so unbelievable to type those words. There is no cancer in the liver and no cancer in her breast. We are praising God that He did heal her by her birthday (the scans were done the day before) and praising Him for all of you who have stood by Metisha in prayer. We know that Metisha is a walking miracle and that it is by answered prayer that she has beat stage four breast cancer!

So as we celebrate, Tish is preparing for the next steps. The CAT scan did show a small spot on her liver but they do not believe this is cancer. The spot has shown on every CAT scan but not a PET scan and has not changed through chemo. But the doctors want to be cautious so they are going to obliterate the spot by burning it. We don’t know when that procedure will be done. The next big step is the double mastectomy. Tisha meets with the surgeon on Monday to begin the mastectomy surgery process. The mastectomy and reconstruction process will be a long process, but Metisha definitely has a renewed strength and spirit knowing that the cancer demons are gone!

Long term, we know that she will take a pill form of chemo (tamaxifin) but that will not stop her hair from growing back. They will also keep “the girls” (her ovaries) shut down because her cancer is a hormone driven cancer. For now they will leave in her chemo port and will do new scans every 3 months.

I know I speak for Metisha and Mark, Danny and Barbara, Lyle and Ann, myself and Jeremy and Kaley when I say thank you for your prayers. And please keep praying. Keep praying for wisdom for the doctors, an easy mastectomy surgery, quick reconstruction, rapid hair growth, and for a continuing cancer free state. And keep checking the blog. I will update again Monday after her appointment with the surgeon.

I know I speak for all of you when I say, we love you Metisha!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so thrilled with your news and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God answers prayers. We love you and Mark and look forward to seeing you all soon.

Love Stephen and Mary

Anonymous said...

As I write this comment, I am actually crying! These, however, are tears of joy, not of sadness. God has listened to the many, many prayers of our faithful brothers and sisters in Christ. There are so many of you around the globe I am truly in awe. Barb and I are so thankful for each one of you as you have prayerfully upheld Metisha throughout this battle. Your prayers for Mark and the rest of us have also been so appreciated. As you prayed God has touched and all glory goes to Him. I must admit, God and I have had some real, mostly one sided arguments during the last few months. I have struggled to leave Metisha totally in His care and love. But once again He knows best. Please keep praying. The journey is not over.

For you Metisha, I am so proud of your strong faith and courage during this ordeal. You are in a new quarter of play. You own the paint. Finish strong and win.

And Mark. Thank you son for loving and taking such good care of my daughter. I didn't expect anything less and you have been a true warrior and man of faith.

What more can I say? Thank you God and thank you friends.

A very humble, very grateful Daddy!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! Cancer free feels soooo good doesn't it? You and me, we beat this awful disease and we WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO!!! I'm so proud of you, Metisha! Some day we will have to meet in real life so I can hug your neck. Email me if you need to, I have some tips for your mastectomy and DO NOT BE AFRAID! You will get through that just like you got through the chemo. You are one brave lady, and I am so proud to "know" you!!! My email is Kari@morozfamily.com and I'm here for you if you need me!

Anonymous said...

Our family has two special "miracles". We are very blesses!!!! The Wilsons

Unknown said...

Praise God!!!! I am SO glad and thankful and happy!!!! I am continuing to pray. I am also rejoicing!!!!

Hugs and love,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

metisha,
i am so glad to hear your latest report!!!! i've been thinking about you a lot this summer and wondering how you were doing. it's been so good to be able to keep up w/what's going on since summer school's been out. i too am crying such happy tears as i read and process this wonderful news!!! god is good! i truly admire your courage and positive attitude throughout this entire ordeal, and have been so encouraged by you. know that we all love and care for you! we will continue to stand by you as we see this through to the end. you are beautiful friend!
love,
katy