Thursday, September 1, 2011

Just My Heart of the Day

Grief is a sneaky thing.  You have a run of good days, maybe even weeks, then something small comes along and that heavy pain in your heart is all consuming again.  It's a process.  It's a part of life.  And even though my pain and loss are unique to me, everyone knows grief. 

But I keep living and moving forward because if I do any less, Metisha will kick my butt when I get to heaven :)  And I keep thanking God that because of his plan, there is a heaven, Metisha is now experiencimg pure joy beyond my comprehension, and I will have that same joy and be with her again someday. 

That’s just my thought heart today …

5 comments:

Sweet Pea said...

I totally get your heart of the day! Thanks for sharing! love you

Anonymous said...

AMEN! I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!!

Anonymous said...

Please don't get mad for me saying this but there is such beauty in your brokenness. The way you are living and walking out your grief is so honoring Christ. HOw I wish you did not have to walk this road, but the manner in which you are is so edifying and encouraging to see. Love and prayers to you and your's.

Regan said...

Thank you for your kind words and I am definitely not mad! God is in all things, even grief. Thank you for the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

AMEN!! Be encouraged!!