Monday, May 18, 2009

Good News!!!

The pathology report delivered good news today: no cancer in the ovaries or appendix!!! We are so grateful for this news! I asked Metisha what they said the spots on the ovary and appendix were and she said, “I don’t know, I kind of stopped listening after she said no cancer!” I agree Tisha, no cancer is all we needed to hear!


Metisha is healing well after surgery and is getting some rest. She did go to school for a few hours last week to put the fear of God in her kids who were abusing the substitute. I can’t believe any of Tisha’s students were brave enough to try that trick! But after a good lecture from Ms. Welsh involving a high play on guilt and the cancer card and some tears from some of the kids, the reports were all quiet the next day. Trust me, I’ve seen her angry face and it isn’t one you want to cross!

The next step is to hopefully go after the spots on her liver. Pray that she will be a candidate for the cyber knife and that the treatment will be easy on Metisha’s body. Continue to pray for physical and emotional strength. Pray for wisdom for the doctors and for a continued fighting spirit for Tisha. This cancer doesn’t stand chance!

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Great news!!! Keep those wonderful reports coming. God is so faithful! P.S. Would I love to be a fly on the wall when "Mrs. Welsh" is takin' care of business with her students! I have a great mental picture...hehe!