Tuesday, September 11, 2007

“I’m Fab-boob-less”

Metisha says she is “Fab-boob-less”, pun intended. She also says cancer recovery is like puberty: she is growing hair and a chest! Yeah, that crossed a line, but you have to admit it IS funny!


I was able to spend last weekend with Tisha helping Mark and Mom keep her in line. As usual, we spent a lot of the weekend laughing. Shortly after she got home, the flower deliveries began. So many people brightened her day with beautiful flowers that she had her own flower shop. When Tisha would get bored, she would entertain herself by making Mom move the various flower arrangements around the house, and then move them again, and then move them again. Since her sinus surgery Metisha has had to clean out her sinuses twice a day with a squirt bottle. So part of our entertainment last weekend was to see what nasty things would come out of her sinuses. Have I mentioned that we are an odd family? Metisha has not been able to raise her arms or take a shower since surgery so Mom and I used baby wipes to wipe off her legs, arms back and head for her. She said she felt like a car getting shammied at the car wash. Did I mention we are close family?


God continues to bless Metisha with healing. They removed two of her drains today and they hope to remove the last drain and stitches on Friday. She also got the lymph node biopsy back this week and it was clear! Continue to pray for Metisha as she heals from surgery. She wants to return to school as soon as possible. Also continue to pray that God will keep her cancer free. Metisha is proof that prayer works!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad reacovery is going well. When I got the drains out I yelled out in pain. I hope that wasn't the case for Tisha. I didn't want to mention that part so she wouldn't be scared.

I'm still getting around to the card. Things have been nuts.

Anonymous said...

Metisha,

I'm so glad your surgery went well. At least you are not growing hair on your chest!! Haha!

Looking forward to long missed happy hours!!

Continue to get well.