Monday, July 26, 2010

Good News!!!

There is NO cancer in the brain! Praise God! They think the headaches are caused by sinus/allergy issues again so she needs to go back to the ENT who did her last surgery. Short of no cancer, this is the best news we could have today!


There are three spots on her spine and the one in her lower back is the worse and causing her the most pain. While there is a trial available that may help with all of the cancer in her body, Metisha couldn’t get into the trial for at least 6 weeks and then would have to have a liver biopsy to see if she qualified. There is only a 1 in 4 chance that she would qualify so Metisha and Mark agree tradition therapy is the best choice at this time. She will start a new chemo that will attack all the cancer in her spine, liver, stomach, intestines and rib. She will get treatments one day a week for three weeks and then have a week off and keep repeating this cycle. She will be able to get the chemo in Fort Worth and the doctor said many people can still work while on this chemo. Unfortunately this chemo has the normal side effects of hair loss, fatigue, etc.

We have some huge praises from today:
• No cancer in the brain
• Treatment can be done in Fort Worth so Mark and Metisha can be at home
• She may be able to continue to teach school
• There is a traditional protocol available that may help

There are several things we need to pray for now:
• This new treatment plan can begin this Friday. The doctor could see growth from scans done just a month ago.
• Pain relief. The lower spine spot is causing increasing pain. And you know that if Metisha says she has pain its significant.
• She can get to her ENT quickly to get the headaches resolved.
• Protection from side effects of the chemo so she will not be too sick to work.
• Strength and courage for Metisha as she faces traditional chemo again.
• Quick shrinkage of the cancer until it is gone!

We are so thankful to everyone who prayed for Metisha during our prayer vigil last Friday. To know she was constantly being lifted up in prayer provided some moments of peace and rest for us. Metisha would love to hear what was spoken to your heart during your prayer time. Just leave a comment on this blog post, shoot us a Facebook message or an e-mail. We are praying that you are blessed for all of the time you have spent loving Metisha through prayer!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the LORD!
I'm praying for you daily-Metisha.
I pray for strength, no pain, healing, laughter. Read LUANN!
I pray that the LORD continue to use as HIs INSTRUMENT at our campus, on this earth.
Love you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

During my 30 minutes of prayer during the vigil, I felt more connected to God than I have ever felt in my life. Metisha, you are so devoted to God and I could feel Him through you.
I took notes on all that I needed to pray for, being the nerd that I am, so that I would not forget anything during my prayer. But the words came so easily as I asked for those things, and I know that He was listening.
You are INCREDIBLE.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Metisha! Just in the blogs I have read and the posts on facebook I can see God in you and your family. Isn't that what we all would love for people to see in us! :) It is awesome... Praying for you..praying for strength, healing, and complete happiness for you and Mark.

Anonymous said...

Hi Metisha this is Estrella Albarran. I dont know if you remember me I was your sunday school teacher for a while in the MB church in Fairview. Since I heard about your cancer you have benn so much in my mind and prayers. My grandmother and 2 of my sisters have had cancer, so I understand what your family is going through. Were trusting and praying to the FATHER for you.
if you would be interested I tell my testimony in my blog of how God saved my life
www.hisinfinitegrace.wordpress.com
love you